Click here for FULL DETAILS.
The organising committee for the European Colloquium of Quantitative and Theoretical Geography (ECQTG2011) would like to invite submissions of abstracts for their 17th conference, to take place at the Harokopio University of Athens, Greece, from the 2nd – 5th September 2011. The conference is formally organised by the Greek Society for Demographic Studies.
The colloquium is principally concerned with recent advances in the areas of Quantitative and Theoretical Geography, and welcomes the contribution of high quality, original submissions. Presentations may describe work of methodological theoretical interest, either recently completed or in progress. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Applications of spatial data analysis and geostatistics
- Statistical inference
- Space-time processes in regional science
- Geographical flows and networks
- Population dynamics
- Urban dynamics and growth
- Economic geography and the spatial economy
- Natural resource management and risk analysis
- Spatial processes related to Renewable Energy and the Green Economy
- Climate change
- Health geography and epidemiology
- Cellular automata, multi-agent systems and cooperative phenomena
- Spatial data visualisation
- Innovative and inter-disciplinary methods for spatial data
- Epistemological issues in quantitative geography
Proposals for special sessions, including named proposals among participants, are welcome.
Please email your abstract (as an e-mail attachment, 1 page maximum) to ecqtg[AT]gisc.gr by 30th March 2011. Abstracts for special sessions should also be submitted to the session organiser.
Further details about the conference can be found at http://gisc.gr/ecqtg11.